Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Modern Family

Hubby and I don't watch a ton of TV together, but when it comes to sitcoms, there's a few we both find laugh-out-loud funny. Big Bang Theory is one and new this season -- Modern Family. It is a hoot and half!

Since the family is "modern," it reflects every possible familial situation from parenting to adoption and inter-cultural marriage to domestic partnership. Pretty much any role you have in your family is portrayed in the show.

Tonight, one of the female characters was getting a chair massage at the mall and was very vocal in her appreciation of it! Hubby looks at me and I am immediately on the defensive. "What? That is not why I get a chair massage every week!"

Well partially it is. I want them to work out the knots so good that it hurts and feels good at the same time. Since I am getting this done at work, though, I try to keep my moans of pleasure (or pain) to a minimum.

Chair massages work wonders, by the way. Now when my month is up and it's time to see the chiropractor again, it doesn't feel like I have to see him or I'll die. The massages really have helped get my back in order (as good as a person can anyway).

It's also a good time to either clear my mind or do creative thinking. Today, naturally, I had scrapbook layouts on my mind. I sense I will be dreaming about them for the next 5 nights at least. But I'm not complaining!

I did not get a chance to do any packing tonight. Had to chauffeur Carter into town for confirmation, run several errands and then shuttle him over to basketball practice.

We got home with 2 minutes to spare before Modern Family started at 8. Then Jim and I had our 31 minutes of quality time. It was nice.

Now if only I could get him to watch Glee with me! OK, we may be a modern family here, but not THAT modern!

No comments: