Friday, February 4, 2011

TGIF (Thank God it's Fun Day)

Since this week was Catholic Schools Week (locally anyway), it was capped off today with Student Appreciation Day. And how do we "appreciate" students in Wisconsin in the dead of winter? Send them to an indoor water park, of course!

So we gave Carter a ride to school since I had a 7 a.m. back-crackin' appointment. Then he had to endure 2 hours of school. Then hop on the bus and have fun the rest of the day. Lucky! He said he had a blast and, really, how could you not? A "Fun Day" beats school and definitely beats work!

We had some fun, too, tonight. Got to go see our nephew Colin play hoops. Assumption boys beat those (us) Lutherans in both the JV and Varsity game. It was fun to watch since we just don't watch enough basketball games in our lives.

Right.

I will actually miss Carter's tournament tomorrow since I am going to have a girls' day over in Appleton and see the Broadway musical Wicked. I have had the tickets since early October so you might say I'm a little excited to finally be just hours from seeing it.

I had not read the book that the musical is based on. My friend Christine, who is going with me, lent it to me back in December. I was not sure I wanted to read it or not. You never know if it's going to help you know some background or confuse you too much if the live version strays from the written word.

So I didn't decide 'til just the other night that I was going to tackle the inch-thick book. I am less than a hundred pages away now so I really better go finish it. Now!

I have a feeling between that and the play tomorrow, I am going to be dreaming in green all weekend.

And trust me, it has nothing to do with the Packers!

No comments: