Monday, June 13, 2011

Ball Park or Bust

I've got a problem. I used to think ice cream was my only addiction, but now something else has moved into the picture.

Baseball.

Yes, I love baseball. But I am finding that I am loving being a baseball mom even more. That's right, soccer moms, you ain't got nothin' on me!

I feel like we've lived at the ball park since Carter's first team (Assumption) started playing in April. There was no break before his second team (Reds) got going. Now we are overlapping yet again with the tournament team (Rapids Rage). Yes, seriously living at one ball park or another for 8 weeks.

So looking at 3 blank spaces on the calendar had me in a near panic tonight.

Monday: No baseball game, no baseball practice.
Tuesday: No baseball game, no baseball practice.
Wednesday: No baseball game, no baseball practice.
Thursday: 5:30 p.m. Game!

What? Three days without baseball? What will we do?

Well hubby decided to mow the front lawn to be productive. And I did what any red-blooded baseball mom needing a fix would do. I headed over to the ball park to stalk someone else's kids.

Seriously.

As it turned out, I knew moms and kids at all 3 fields. Actually, I knew ahead of time that 2 were playing for sure and I did need to talk to one of the moms. So it was almost like I planned it. And, as a bonus, I did get to see a few at bats for someone else's super star for a change.

30 minutes at the park, tops. And my craving was appeased.

Now I have no desire for ice cream. Apparently my body can only handle one addiction at a time. Tomorrow, I'm pretty sure it's King Cone's turn. But who can predict the manic mind of a mother?

No comments: