Saturday, June 18, 2011

Slice of Victory

We have not had cable or Internet service all day. And we weren't home to meet Mr. Fix-it Man. So I'm camped out in my next-door neighbor's driveway, stealing their wireless, with a goal to finish this blog in record time before the mosquitoes eat me alive. And boy are they trying!

Started the day off with a rain delay of all things. We knew it rained during the night and the roll of thunder kept us awake, but it didn't rain much in Rapids. Apparently Stevens Point got enough of it to mess up their fields. So our 11:40 a.m. game got moved to 1:15 p.m.

That worked out OK. Got my Saturday chores done and even got the CRV vacuumed out.

First game was against the Stevens Point team we lost to last weekend. We were running up the score first and it felt like we could finally redeem ourselves. But then the boys somehow blew a 7-4 lead and ended up losing in the last inning 8-7. Heartbreaking. We should have had that.

Had some time off and the second game was at 4. That was a slow start but we ended up getting some good solid hits and played decent defense to win that one 6-2. Very nerve-wracking since they had bases loaded in the last inning and could have beat us. That was a nice win!

To celebrate, we took Carter to Polito's -- that great pizza place with all the unique flavors. Carter had Hawaiian and some Steak & Fries pizza. Jim had Supreme and Sausage & Mushroom. I had an All-Meat slice and tried the Chicken Bacon Ranch, which was darn tasty! Ahh, the sweet taste of victory!

We were very, very, very full so there was no room to stop for ice cream on the way home. I know. What a tragedy!

But I have good news for you Rapids readers who I've convinced to travel all the way to Amherst for the awesome Blueberry Waffle Cone ice cream at King Cone. King Cone now has another branch! Just opened up in Plover. Whoo-hoo! The good stuff keeps getting closer!

For those of you wondering what super-power I woke up with -- I guess it was the power to resist ice cream.

I don't see that lasting. Trust me.

No comments: