Saturday, June 4, 2011

Strong Finish

We got lucky that we played every night this week so the Reds got a bye at 8:30 this morning. Those poor teams that had to play 3 games in this heat! Not sure how they did it, but judging by the final results, they did just fine.

We tied for last in the tournament but we went out on a strong note, so it didn't seem that bad.

The first game was late morning. I should have gone on my "long run" today but it was too hot. Now I'll have to go Sunday.

We went up against the Giants (ultimately the tourney champions) in our first game. That did not go so well.

I ended up coming home between games to cool off, boil up brats and get a few items for supper. I should have made Carter come home with me because those boys may be old enough to know better, but they still don't think to stay in the shade when it's hot out.

Perhaps, I shouldn't complain, they came back for the second game on fire (not literally, thankfully) and scored 9 runs in the first inning! Go Reds!

The other team had one good inning when Carter was pitching (Ugh -- just part of it) and got 5 runs then. There were a few more sprinkled in for both teams, but we ended up with the win, 13-9!

After the games, assistant coach Mike and wife Christine came over for brats, beverages and baseball talk. Had a nice visit. Feels like the season is coming to an end, but I think we've got 4 more league games (2 double-headers) next week and then one game the week after.

Maybe playing all of these games this week will help the Reds finish strong.

I know this score-keeper is finishing Red... in the shade of just a tad bit sun burnt.

No comments: