Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Spicing it Up

The key to a lasting marriage is to spice things up now and then.

Sometimes that can mean an interesting activity. Other times that can mean, well, spicy food. Hey, if it can get both hubby and me hot and sweaty, it counts, right?

A few weeks ago, Jim won some brats from a place called Ski's Meat Market in Stevens Point. For his free ones, he picked some Onion & Garlic brats. Then bought some Double Beer ones. Both were quite flavorful and delicious!

So we decided to go back. Plus, there's this 2011 Sausage Tour challenge that requires buying several different kinds over the summer in order to earn a special T-shirt! (I can't even mock this since half the reason I do all my running races is for the T-shirt!)

Seriously, when I say they have several different kinds, I mean different... Chili, Door County Cherry Chipolte Chicken, Hungarian, Honey Mustard Chicken, Sun-Dried Tomato Basil and Wild Rice & Mushroom Chicken. Yes, these are all flavors of brats!

Tonight we picked out Buffalo Chicken for me and Bloody Mary for Jim. I love spicy food so the Buffalo Chicken was right up my alley. Not too spicy, just really tasty. I was pleasantly surprised. Looking across the table, Jim literally had sweat beading on his forehead! I guess his were a little more spicy.

Carter lasted through half a Buffalo Chicken brat and then claimed he was full. I have a feeling it was a bit too much for him.

That's fine with us. We got a half-dozen brats each so that's five more nights of spicing it up around here!

No comments: