Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Blame the Heat

At 6:15 a.m. it was already 77 degrees so I knew it was going to be a bit wicked again. I know it probably got to 90 again but, in typical Wisconsin fashion, the temps will plunge to 49 degrees tonight and this heat wave will be nothing but a memory.

Probably a good thing. I had some "senior moments" today that I am much too young for... so I'll blame the heat. The baseball team had some non-energy moments (a lot of them) tonight... and I think we can probably blame the heat for those, too!

Had a big loss tonight and have one more makeup game for league next Thursday. Hopefully we'll finish on a strong note!

Carter was pretty wiped out tonight but I can't blame him. It was his first day at "Adventures in Leadership" so he got to go fishing at the hot lake (twice) and go swimming at the cool pool in the fitness center. No wonder he was a bit tuckered out!

He's not complaining, though. He caught (and released) 3 fish today and was very excited about the experience. He got his fishing pole and tackle box as a birthday present last year so it's about time he puts them to some good use.

Something tells me he's going to have a great time in Iola this summer. Again.

And yes, the first day and he was already asking to go to Shivers or King Cone. Unfortunately, we just didn't have time when we picked him up! (Good thing Dairy Treat was open after the baseball game.)

No comments: