Friday, June 3, 2011

Heating up

Well the temperatures reached something like 90 degrees, but we're still waiting for Coach Austin's Reds to start heating up.

Tonight was the 4th night of baseball in a row, with one more day to go. The Reds are 1-3 for this inter-league tournament. We have 2 games tomorrow to win just to get to 3-3. I hope it's a bit cooler so they can handle it.

Not that I completely minded today. Since it was Carter's first day of summer vacation, I took the day off, too. At first I thought maybe we'd all do something together but when we saw the mercury rising, we didn't really want to do anything outdoors like golf or even mini-golf. Was just a bit on the muggy side.

So I got some Saturday chores done early, then went into town to get hubby his Father's Day present. Don't worry about keeping it a secret -- he picked it out. He's getting a new lawn mower! I wish it was a rider, but if he wants an easy, self-propelled push, then that's what he's getting. Now he doesn't have to wait until Father's Day to use it either -- just wait until it's cooler.

Got home and cranked the air. We all sort of relaxed for the afternoon since Carter played at 5:30. He had some solid hits but didn't get on base. Two were sacrifice flies so he got 2 RBIs, but the other 2 were just plain ol' pop-up fly-ball outs. Our team only got 3 hits overall. We really gotta turn things around tomorrow!

After the game, Jim went to the races to watch Colin, who qualified fast time again and had his first finish. No car problems. Yay! And he ended up finishing 2nd in the feature. Awesome!

Carter and I went into town to rent a movie The Green Hornet and stop at DQ (of course). It was nice to veg out in the coolness tonight. And we both enjoyed the movie (which has a funny scene for us non-Packer fans).

Better get to bed now at a decent time! I'm guessing I won't need to turn my blanket on!

No comments: