Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Time Blues

According to the calendar, it is officially Summer. Whoo-hoo! It seems like I've been waiting forever!

According to real life, we are back in Old Testament biblical times, ready to build an ark with our buddy Noah, hoping he'll welcome aboard Jim and Carter as his two Austins and Sylvester and me as his two princesses.

We woke up to rain and cold, commuted to work in steady, hard rain and hail, and now are in the "orange" on the local radar. Nice, eh? This was one of those long days -- well the longest in 2011 actually -- that you just wanted to stay home and read a good book under a blanket somewhere.

Instead, we worked. And after work I had the joy of stopping at the DMV in Stevens Point to renew my driver's license. It expires on my birthday next week so I was pretty close to deadline here.

What an experience. I don't know which is worse -- how much I had to adjust my weight from the last time or the fact that the next time I renew, I will be over 50 years old and Carter will be ready to start his senior year of college. Uff da! There is no winning in this situation!

At least my picture turned out nice.

Came home and started getting little piles of packing done around the house -- me getting ready for my brother's 50th birthday party Up North on Friday (no offense about the age comment) and Carter getting ready for confirmation camp on Sunday. I figure I better have everything for him in order before I leave town Friday because baseball will get in the way of getting anything else done before Sunday.

Now that's the part of Summer I enjoy -- all the June birthdays in my family and Bible camp. Fun stuff.

Now we just need a reason to pack shorts!

No comments: