Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Just Catchin' Up

Through the wonders of social media, I was able to make an old friend half a country away smile today... and this evening, we had old friends just 5 minutes away make us smile. Makes for a good day.

After a shopping trip in town after work, I just happened to be on the computer when I saw that some friends of ours were having a relaxing evening on their deck and looking for company. I warned them they shouldn't invite just anybody because just anybody might show up.

And we did.

Had a nice visit with this couple hubby has known forever because he went to school with the guy and stood up in their wedding a long, long time ago. Felt good to catch up. Even way past my bedtime on a "school night."

Before I fall asleep at the keyboard, I just have to say it's cool to have friends that you can just pick up a conversation with right where you left off -- no matter if it was 10 days ago or 10 years.

We are pretty blessed that way. I bet if you think about it, you probably are, too!

No comments: