Sunday, June 26, 2011

We Just Landed

I feel like we've been on a whirlwind tour this weekend. But 959 miles later, we are home safely and just in time to get to bed.

Had a great day today. Will have to write more tomorrow when my eyes are not glazing over -- well they might be worse tomorrow -- but in a nutshell....

Sent Carter off to camp and am missing him like crazy already! I had to go hug his pillow goodnight just to breathe in the scent of him. This is going to be a long week for Momma... no calls, no email, no contact with my baby. I'll have to distract myself with some fun with Daddy!

We had a great trip over to Menominee, Mich. Got to surprise my great old friends Sally and Cindy at the graduation party. And when I say "old" I just mean longevity ... 21 years since we met at the newspaper in Menominee and have stayed connected through a lot of interesting life experiences since then. So very, very, very good to see them and their families!

After we left the party, we saw some of my old haunts -- namely my waterfront beaches and my lighthouse!

Since we were traveling through Green Bay, we stopped to see our friends Scott and Sandy -- the newlyweds -- on the way home. Had a short but nice visit with them.

Got home to a dark, quiet house. Just begging for us to get to bed. I can tell you that alarm clock is going to be the start of one harsh Monday.

But it was soooo worth it!

No comments: