Saturday, September 24, 2011

Anti-Midas Touch

Well I continued to break things today. Sort of. I knew I should have stayed in bed!

Probably part of the problem was that I did stay in bed too long, was anxious to get a move on and didn't think things through. Therefore, I was in a hurry. And therefore, paid for it.

I decided to wash the rugs from both bathrooms. Nothing too risky with that, right? I guess if I would have looked at the back side of one of them I might have realized the backing was coming off -- in tiny rubber squares -- and wouldn't have thrown it in the washer. But I didn't see that. So I did.

What happened when I went down in the basement later was those tiny rubber squares not only found their way all over the other rugs and the inside of the washing machine, but they clogged the drain in the rinse tub so the water had no place to go. What do you think happens to a tub that is holding wash water then a full load of rinse water? Yep, it floods.

What a mess I had on my hands! So I had unanticipated cleaning, mopping and drying for hours today. That threw my schedule for a loop. In fact, I just finished my Saturday vacuuming a little while ago. Seriously.

On a positive note, Carter and I spent about 2 hours running errands and shopping -- including some items for my upcoming sister weekend -- so I am set for that pretty much. Just need to pack!

After supper, I whipped up some Sugar Crisp Cookies with Assumption Royal Blue sprinkles on them for Tuesday's Middle School tailgating party. Tuesday? Yes, I am working ahead since I won't be home much tomorrow or Monday. So I can cross that off the list.

Just got done printing our directions and ticket info for tomorrow's Viking game. I made sure Carter picked out all his purple and yellow gear tonight so we can get up and hit the road by 7 a.m. I cannot wait to take him to his first Vikings game! I think we're both too excited to sleep! He will be having visions of Adrian Peterson in his head and I will be fretting about what's going to happen next with this anti-Midas Touch of mine.

Of course, if bad things come in 3's, I'm done -- almost broken camera, falling shower rod and minor flooding. I would hope weire in for something good tomorrow.

I'd take a win, too!

No comments: