Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hmm, Didn't See That Comin'

Every once in awhile life throws you a little curve ball. Thank the Lord it's rarely anything more serious than adjusting to a new Facebook page.

For those of you not a social networking participant or addict... It seems the powers that be just changed Facebook and its functioning just for the sake of changing it. While I have taken special classes to learn how to embrace change, I really don't like change for the sake of change. Not when I don't see it coming. And not when it's the first thing I am dealing with at breakfast.

But, as my serenity prayer notes, I need to just accept it because frankly, there is nothing I can control about this. And yes, frankly, there are so many more important things going on than updating my status.

As I tell my blessed hubby, there is never a shortage of people to pray for! I have friends who have sick moms and grandmas and some who are sick themselves. I have a friends whose in-laws just lost their home and all belongings to a fire. I have a teeny tiny great-nephew who needs some extra strength in this new world. I have loved ones grieving the loss of other loved ones.

Am I living a charmed life? No. God could send something my way tomorrow that I don't see coming. But He also will give me the strength to deal with it.

In the meantime, He'll just test me once in awhile just to see if I am paying attention... Like tonight when I picked Carter up from football practice and saw his pinky finger taped up. I didn't even get time to worry. I just asked what happened, assuming I'd hear of a football injury following some extreme act of bravery or athletic prowess. Instead, I hear: "Oh I just cut my finger on (male classmate's) long fingernails when we were both grabbing for the last cookie in homeroom."

Yep, I'm probably due.

No comments: