Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Expecting

Things I did not expect today...

Work Loss: No, I didn't lose my job. I just lost work productivity! Was out of the office Friday through Monday and unable to check email at all because we were migrating to some new system over the weekend. Today, when we were all back at work, the new system wasn't necessarily working as hard as we were (or hoped to) so it was a really short work day when measured by the amount of work accomplished. This can only mean that ironically, this is going to be a long 4-day week!

Tuesday Morning Quarterback: I was not anticipating I'd already have to do some coaching or general management of my fantasy football team! But Jacksonville cut their quarterback today so I to pick up a loser replacement for Garrard. My options were pretty limited. I think I'm going to have to have a talk with my old friend Jack Del Rio if this ruins my championship chances!

King Closed: Yes, I learned too late that King Cone closed for the season on Labor Day! Make that, King Cone in Amherst. The original one. I insisted (in a charming way, naturally) that we stop at the Plover location on the way home from work just to see if they were still open -- and for how long. They were! And they will be open 'til the end of October. So fellow fans: Ignore the fact that it almost feels too cold for ice cream and get over there! Time is running out.

(Just hope the Blueberry Waffle Cone doesn't!)

No comments: