Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Free

Forty-five. Nope, that's not my age (yet). That's what temperature it was at 7 a.m. when my "half" sister and I set out on our last long run before our upcoming race. Brrr.

(I call Chris my "half" sister since we're training together for the Fox Cities Half-Marathon. I have biological sisters and "soul" sisters and "scrap" sisters, so why not a "half" sister?)

The very cool temps may not have been welcomed by the weekend campers and anyone hoping to get one last swim in a lake before Summer's finale, but we certainly enjoyed them. Actually had to wear long sleeves, which is perfect if you ask me.

We did 10 miles today and made decent time so I feel just awesome about our 13.1-mile run in 13.1 days! Now I can just sort of take it easy and do some shorter runs, but that's it. We're that close.

I was back home before 9 a.m. and really felt like I deserved to do as little labor as possible on Labor Day. Could I get by with a labor-free day off?

I know I could have, but I chose not to. While hubby went golfing with some friends, I decided to cross some chores off the list so I wouldn't have to squeeze them in on a busy "school night." Got some laundry done, some grocery shopping done, grilled up some brats and made a batch of chili to last throughout the week. Yup, you know it's the unofficial last day of Summer when I'm makin' chili!

Tonight we had steaks on the grill and baked potatoes. Now I'm too full to move and the boys somehow have energy to play catch with the football. Not me. I think I will log off, grab a good book and finally put my feet up.

A labor-free evening sounds good to me!

No comments: