Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Our Own Glee

You'll probably never hear me say this again, but I missed the season premiere of Glee and I am OK with that.

Aren't you gonna ask me why? Because it was a joyful -- gleeful even -- day all by itself.

One: My recovering body did not have any worse pain than yesterday. It wasn't any better, but it certainly wasn't any worse.

Two: The Assumption Middle School football team finally got its first win!!

We roadtripped to Marathon (just west of Wausau) to take on the Red Raiders. Since we were up by two scores almost right away, Carter got lots of playing time compared to usual. So he was on the specials teams for kickoffs and returns, then also played a lot of defense as safety and cornerback, and even played tailback and end on offense. That was awesome.

He ended up getting one tackle on the second half kickoff and carried the ball -- yes, he did -- in a 2-point conversion attempt. He pretty much got stuffed but at least he got his hands on the ball. The only downer was that he got a penalty for a block in the back while a teammate was scoring a touchdown. Nothing more awkward than sitting in the stands next to a mom cheering for her son's first TD then having it called back because your son got a penalty. Yikes. At least they weren't too mad. But only because we were winning 32-8! Good game, Royals.

We got home exactly at 8 p.m. so exactly when Glee was over. Don't tell me what happened. I'll still watch it on the computer tomorrow.

Three: The other good news is that I am a great aunt. Oh, I mean a really great one! My nephew Tim in South Dakota welcomed his second son into the world tonight -- 6 weeks early! It has been a stressful 24 hours of a lot of praying. Baby Tyson is so little -- 4 lbs., 10 oz. -- so the praying will continue. Thankfully baby and momma are doing well so far.

Four: There is only one team that is still undefeated in our fantasy football league. I'll give you a clue whose team it is ... she's the only girl. Whoo-hoo!

See, I wasn't kidding. There is much to be gleeful about today. It would be too painful to get up and do any sort of happy dance. But you get the picture.

No comments: