Saturday, September 17, 2011

Marathon Eve

I think I've found an alternative to Christmas Eve when it comes to the level of excitement and anticipation!

I'm sitting here in a hotel in Appleton and pretty much have to be sound asleep in 15 minutes to get my 8 hours. Something tells me it's not gonna happen that quickly.

My friend Chris and her two daughters picked me up at 1 p.m. When we got to town, we had to go pick up our race packets, timing chips and goodie bags. We also got to walk around an expo and get a few freebies and some items that weren't so free. We both found a new "energy belt" that we like better than the ones we've worn during training. So we'll test that out tomorrow.

I know. It's not good to switch anything up last minute, but this will be good so I don't have to stuff my shorts pockets with Kleenexes and GU gel and the all-important pedometer (gotta count these steps).

After the expo we went shopping at the Fox River Mall. Just about bought a new running shirt for tomorrow but decided no, no more changes.

Ate supper down the road at Fuddrucker's tonight and now it's time to hit the sack. Just gotta call my boys since I'm pretty sure they won't be up with me at 4:30. And yes, I will get up in time. I have a wake-up call from the front desk at 4:30, the room alarm set for 4:32 and my cell phone alarm set for 4:33 a.m. Not that I am paranoid.

Frankly, right now I'm just anxious to get it started. I better sign off so Santa can come.... er, Sunday can come!

No comments: