Thursday, September 15, 2011

Moon Walk

Last night on the way home from grocery shopping, we noticed the full moon rising over the tree tops. I said, "Oooh" and "Aww" and thought it would make a nice picture. I reached around to the backseat and, as luck would have it, I had my camera with.

Hubby, being the accommodating "Let me stop and take a picture" driver, said he'd drive me to the lake for a nice view. Sounds like a line to me! And that's fine. We had a nice romantic walk on the lake path and then, it was so darn cold out, I really couldn't hold my camera steady.

So the big beautiful moon is a bit blurry!



But it sure did make a pretty reflection on Lake Wazeecha!


Not something I was able to record without a steady hand or a tripod in order to keep the lens open long enough to capture it appropriately.


In a Photoshop-enhanced photo, you can see there was some neat landscape, too, as it reflected. At least I can recall it in my mind. And it was a good excuse to hold hubby's warm hands!

I'm not joking about the chill, either. Last night it did get down into the 30s. Woke up to 32 degrees with a windchill (seriously) of 27. B-r-r-r! That is the perfect weather to stay snuggled in the warm bed and play hooky.
But we didn't.

I'll have to save that for those cold mornings when the plow hasn't gone through... and let's hope those are as far away as the moon appears to be in my photos!

No comments: