Sunday, September 25, 2011

There's No Place Like Dome

Just got home from a roundtrip to the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome for Carter's first Vikings game!

I will have to tell you all about it tomorrow, but I seriously have to get to bed and get up for work in like 7 hours so I just can't bother with the pictures and storytelling right now. What I can tell you is that, despite the final score, we had an absolutely wonderful time!

In a nutshell, Carter learned three things:

1) There is no place louder than the Dome! Not even the race track! I can't tell you how many times we had goosebumps!!

2) No matter how big our lead is, the Vikings will always blow it and break our hearts. And week after week we'll go back for more abuse time and time again! (And somehow like it.)

3) It doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's how you experience the game!

To quote Carter: "Where we live, I always feel like we're the only Viking fans in the world. Here we're surrounded by 62,000 other Viking fans! It's awesome!!"

More later...

No comments: