Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Just Briefly

I love being a mom -- even when it cuts into my blogging time. Tonight after grocery shopping I had to quickly cut Carter's hair so he could shower then finish his home work and next -- "when you get a moment, Mom" -- I have to go iron his shirt for tomorrow. So I'll keep this brief.

Fall Colors: Freeze warning tonight is not the only sign of Autumn today. My hair got its fall colors! Well, of course, this is the leading news story! What were you expecting?? There seriously is a freeze warning tonight as temps dip into the low 30s. A friend in Duluth already reported a snow sighting tonight, too.

Bus Route: For the first time since school started, Carter did not have football practice or a game so he had to ride the bus home. Though I am sure nothing changed since last year, he was nervous about getting on the right bus after school. Have I mentioned he's a worry wart? Well he got on the bus fine and managed to get all of his homework done (except reading) before going to confirmation, which started tonight. Gotta love our jam-packed schedule. And we wonder why time flies!

Wild Turkey: I made the mistake today of watching a fast time-elapsed video of our half-marathon course. Up until today I have been looking forward to Sunday. After watching the video, I got my first case of nerves. The butterflies were dancing like crazy in my stomach. At least I thought they were butterflies. When I went for a 4-mile run tonight, I saw 12 -- yes, a whole dozen -- wild turkeys cross the road in front of me. I thought, "Dang, it wasn't butterflies in my tummy after all. I bet it was wild turkeys!" It sure felt like it.

... Just breathe ...

No comments: