Monday, September 12, 2011

Spice Girl

I sat staring at my leftover bowl of apples yesterday and knew I had to rectify the situation today. Time to put my Martha hat on and get baking!

I found a recipe (read: EASY) for an Apple Spice Cake and figured I'd give it a try. It is pretty darn tasty if I do say so myself. So I'm going to share the recipe because it is just too easy not to!

Robyn's Easy Apple Spice Cake
(Oh, I can name it what I want when I'm typing this!)

Spice Cake Mix (easy already)
- Mix in eggs, oil and water as listed

3 small apples (if they are off the tree, make it 4 'cause they're so small)
- Peel and chop apples into small pieces then add to cake mix

Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 28-30 minutes.

Combine:
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup lemon juice

Mix and spread over cake. Return to oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until done.

Sprinkle cinnamon over top. Cool. Share with your neighbors and family. Then refrigerate leftovers.

Wow, now I feel like I accomplished something! And I did share. Honest.

So now hubby took Carter into town to go watch the middle school soccer team he played on last year. And I have work to do. Real work completely unrelated to my role as Martha Stewart.

I do have a few more apples left, though, so stay tuned for more treats and maybe another secret EASY recipe!

No comments: