Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Gradual Start

I have two sisters in my house as I type this so now I can say Sister Weekend has officially begun!

I had today off to get a few things done. I am still not packed so what the heck was I doing? Not sure but I know I got a 4-mile run in (going to pick up the car and its 4 new tires at the garage), got 25 minutes on the deck (yes that nice out) and got a wheelbarrow full of pumpkins and gourds at the neighbors' Pumpkin Shed.

OK, the reason I was Halloween shopping had nothing to do with decorating for my sisters. Well, it's a nice gesture, but Carter says after school he "volunteered" to bring in little pumpkins or gourds for all the kids in his homeroom for some homecoming project. So we went over to the neighbors and picked out 27 little pumpkins ... and few other goodies. At least I can check that off my list.

My sister Rayna flew up from Texas today and my sister Renell picked her up at the Minneapolis airport. They got to Rapids around 5 p.m. We dropped Carter off at confirmation at 6, went out for Mexican (probably silly with a Texan in our midst) and then picked him up and came home.

Yes, we are doing our nails like a true slumber party! And yes, the other 4 sisters got a late start and haven't arrived at their hotel in Wausau yet. Tomorrow morning we'll head out and meet up with them in Green Bay.

For now, though, it's a gradual start. By noon Thursday, we are officially into Wild Women's Weekend XIII.

Lord, help us!

No comments: