Tuesday, September 27, 2011

TGIT

Thank God It's Tuesday... which is MY Friday. Seriously.

If there's ever a time to be jealous of being me, now's the time. Coming off a 3-day weekend, I had a 2-day work week to lead into a 5-day weekend.

Oh yes, it does not suck to be me!

Well, it wasn't any fun getting a week's worth of work done in 2 days -- especially that getting up at 4:30 a.m. But we do what we gotta do to enjoy a long (and getting longer each year) sister weekend.

Today we had to leave work shortly after 3 p.m. so we could get to a tailgating party before Carter's football game. Welcome to the big time! It was nice. A school organization provided the burgers, hot dogs, chips and drinks and we parents just had to bring desserts. I made my mom's yummy Sugar Crisp Cookies with some "Assumption Royal Blue" sugar sprinkled on top.

That was almost enough luck to help the team beat those huge farm boys (and one girl) from Stratford, but not quite. We ended up losing 16-14 in a what came down to a missed 2-point conversion in the last minute. Bummer! Apparently the Middle School team has lost to Stratford the last 2 years by a measly "extra point." They just can't break the cycle.

In our boys' defense, though, I will say that there was a monster on the other team. I just can't believe he was only in 8th grade. Not sure what they feed those kids up there! The other unique aspect was that their quarterback was a girl. I worried our boys would hesitate to sack her. But they finally did! She actually had to defend against Carter when he was on offense. No, she did not knock him on his butt or anything.

Thankfully, since he had some fans there... my father-in-law, sister-in-law and my "scrap sister" Jenny and her 2 kids who Carter babysit this summer. It would have been nice to have showed them all a win. But the boys weren't too bummed -- not when they discovered there was leftover food from tailgating. That's teenage boys for you!

Afterwards we ran Carter home so he could do homework and hubby and I went back to the school to watch varsity volleyball. That was fun. When we have all boys, it's nice to know some of my friends are gracious enough to let me "adopt" their daughters once in awhile so I can go to volleyball and girls basketball and have someone to cheer for! Tonight we took the best out of 5 versus Pittsville. Intense stuff. Loved it!

Now I am home and it is almost 10 and I am wondering why I don't have anything packed for Wild Women's Weekend yet!

Good thing it's my Friday today.

No comments: