Sunday, November 9, 2014

Ant-ICE-pation



We don't trust crystal balls these days, but we put a lot of faith in the technicolored nightmares delivered by weather "authorities."

Mondays are depressing enough but this graphic image – coupled with snow on Mr. Deck Chair this morning – has put me in a funk all day. Just the anticipation, the knowing what is supposed to hit us, reminds me how much I hate winter.

It's too early to whine about it, right?

This would explain why Wal-Mart was a madhouse this afternoon. Most people around don't wait until Sunday to do their grocery shopping. But between a Packer night game and this Polar Vortex Round One, people are stocking up. Well, me, too. But I'm crossing my fingers it at least holds off in our neck of the woods until AFTER I am safely home from work on Monday.

I feel terribly for my family Up North. Wow, this could be a doozy.

On a positive, I had another productive day to day.

Just kidding. I was lazy as heck. After 8 o'clock church, where I had to read today, I came home and watched the sappy Hallmark Christmas movie I DVR'd last night. It reminded me of our cat and I loved it! (When don't I love them?)

After that, I did some minor cleaning, then decided I really needed to get an hour of earnest reading in. I had just finished a Christmas audio book and needed get into my book club title, The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty. Wow. Glad I invested some time. It's getting pretty interesting! Since I don't really have a vested interest in tonight's football game, I may have to knock some more chapters off.

And plan for a long commute tomorrow.  :(




No comments: