Saturday, November 15, 2014

Red, White and Do


The single-digit wake-up temperature was a catalyst to thinking Red & White today. Oh, one could say I had the Badgers on my mind. But the Red & White candy cane variety came first.

December-like weather was just the inspiration to make some progress on my family cookie exchange goodies.

I was all prepared for baking today. Had my special ingredients like the chocolate stars and the candy cane Hershey's kisses. What I realized too late was that I didn't have all the essential ingredients like eggs, for example. I had made a batch of the one kind which used up our last 2 eggs. Put a call out to neighbors to get just ONE stinkin' egg for the other recipe. Thankfully the next-door neighbor came through!

So my Red, White and DO mode yielded some productivity before I saw the Badgers come out ahead, too.

I also managed to cut hubby's hair, do a few chores, watch the snow fall, complete two design projects and watch a Hallmark Christmas movie. Oh yes, I am that good. I only have one more Red & White project to take care of....

Just need a spoon and my tub of Peppermint Wonderland ice cream!



No comments: