Sunday, November 23, 2014

Sunday of Hope

It's good to have hope.

I was hoping for merely two things today – one, that my Vikings wouldn't get blown out by the Packers and two, that my trial run pumpkin pie would be a success.

I guess I got what I wished for.

First the lowly Vikes... I was just glad it was a close game. We at least proved we could show up once in awhile (which is good on our home turf). I know with our current caliber of talent, we aren't destined for a winning season this year. In fact, I think we still have to win two more games just to match last year's losing record! Uff da.

Glad my sister, some cousins and some friends were able to enjoy the game in person. Not happy or thrilled for them, just glad.

Now for the pie...


Since we are hosting the Austin Turkey Day and I am baking pies, I figured I better do a trial run so I don't give the in-laws something that requires a tub of Cool Whip to make it taste good. Though Cool Whip is still delicious on good pies, too!

Only had to call my mom to ask her one question, otherwise I was a big girl and baked a perfect pie. Didn't burn the crush or top and it tastes good – with and without the whipped topping.

Now I just have repeat the performance on Wednesday with two of them for Thursday. Probably gonna have to eat up this first one so there is no evidence I felt the need to test my skills.

Probably means I'll need another tub of Cool Whip, too. Just in case.

I'll still hold out hope, though. I'm due for something good.


No comments: