Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I Solemnly Swear...

We still have a month before winter OFFICIALLY begins and I'm already a text-book whiner. I was thinking maybe I should have a "swear jar" at my desk at work for every time I whine about the weather... which coincidentally often includes a curse word or two.

This morning, for example, we awoke to a couple inches of snow that fell while we were sleeping. Is it not enough that is is mid-November and our windchills are below zero already?

Nope.

Instead, I had a slippery-ass drive to work today. Crap. There's a curse already!

Seriously, it was wicked out today and that was just a few inches. And it was windy and bleeping cold, too. Tomorrow, when the high temp is in the teens, I am going to shut myself in my home office and crank my space heater! No driving. No cold. No whining.

Good thing I don't live in Buffalo, N.Y., or I would be deep in debt already. Or live up in the U.P. (Upper Peninsula of Michigan) where my friend is a school teacher and has already had some snow days this FALL.

Wow. I really should just shut my trap.

But if I fill the jar I might have enough money to fly somewhere warm this winter! Dang.




No comments: