Friday, November 7, 2014

Bridging the Birthday Gap


Had a pleasant evening with the Austin side of the family tonight. While technically today is my nephew Tim's birthday (on my side of the family), tonight we celebrated the births of hubby's dad and middle son.

I won't divulge their ages but 55 years separate young Clay from Grandpa Austin! They still look good in their crooked hats, though, don't they?

We met at the Wild Horse Saloon (and restaurant) for supper. There were 10 of us: Dad and Mom Austin, Jim's sister Sherry, her husband Baird, son Colin and his girlfriend. Plus Jim, Clay, Carter and me. Casey couldn't make it home.

After dinner of 9 fish fries and 1 burger (that was me to change things up), we went over to Sherry's for visiting and cake. She insisted on sending some carrot cake home with me so I could not refuse! She sent a piece of chocolate cake home for Jim, but since he'll be gone tomorrow, they might both disappear!

We're home now. It's 9 o'clock and I could hit the hay real soon. It actually started getting dark out while I was still at work so I feel like I've been ready for bed for 5 hours. When will I adjust to the time change?

Hopefully before our next Austin birthday party. That's not until January!

Have birthday cake sweet dreams!


No comments: