Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Da Hunting Trip

Since I had most of the day off, I thought I'd don some blaze orange and go hunting. Don't worry. I was just "hunting" for beautiful scenery. And the only thing I was shooting was pictures with my new phone.

Let's just say I am pretty pleased with the camera capabilities on my Samsung Alpha. Not too shabby.


And I even spotted a Deer, too! No, I am not robbing a bank or a deer camp. Got halfway through the walk and my face was frozen so I had to pull the hat down! At least the sun popped out a few times.

Here's a few images from the neighborhood...


Our halls aren't decked yet, but we do have a beautiful 4-foot wreath up. If you want a gorgeous wreath or Christmas tree, check out our friends' tree lot – Arndt's Trees – at the corner of 8th and Griffith! Great people. They must be, they put up with babysittting Carter for 6 years!


Our snowy front yard. Much more driveway has to be snowblowed this year to make room for Carter's car. That means he should help, right?


Close-up shots are not too shabby!


My favorite barn around the bend. Can photograph that in all seasons!


It does sit askew. I always wonder what holds it up. Must be the hay bales inside!


 Crooked on the ends, too!


Footprints in the snow. Mostly like their cats!


Some side buildings that look just as shabby, but I love them!


Another zoom opportunity. Sweet!


Usually see deer in this field but I suppose they are undercover right now.


A little artsy.


Final stretch. I wonder if we ever got more than a foot of snow if we would just have to snowblow our way to the main road. The plows did finally go through after 2 p.m.


Back in the hood after a successful hunting trip!


No comments: