Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A Wrench in My Plans

My Mac computer and I have parted ways. It wasn't my idea. In fact I liked him. But he went all dysfunctional on me. And I would be one to recognize dysfunction,  believe me.

So I paid a visit to the infamous Geek Squad, half expecting I'd walk away with a new computer rather than a fixed one. Unfortunately, that was the case. It cost  almost as much to fix as buy a new one. So the old Mac is spending the night with the new one, hopefully handing over all its files.

I did back all mine up, but I will have some problems retaining some old programs that I use all the time but don't have original installation info for. So while I do have a variety of devices to use to access the Internet, I will be pretty cranky tomorrow if there are some major things I can't do.

I don't like typing with one finger and I image it will put one heckuva wrench in a whole lot of other things.

No pressure, Geek Squad, but you better live up to your reputation!

No comments: