Sunday, November 8, 2015

Filling the Void

Based on the randomly flashing little squares on my monitor, I can tell my computer is probably on its last legs. Or at least the display part is.

So I took the advice of the GeekSquad FAQ page and decided to backup all files first before bringing it in for repair. I purchased an external hard drive today and began to copy over my files. I got a 1 TB drive, which is 1 terabyte. I don't even know what a terabyte is but I figured it was 100 GB (gigabytes). I got concerned when I had enough files to fill the external storage unit. Then I realized a TB is 1,000 GB not 100 so I am in good shape.


However, when I saw this notice on how long it was going to take to transfer files, I knew I had plenty of time to fill the void before that was done. So I preceded to have a super Sunday. What made it super?

Well, my friend Kim not only delivered a fundraiser order to me at church, she also gave me a box of Andes Mint Chocolate Flavored Coffee (in K-Cups!). Oh yum. It pays to have good friends with great taste!

After church, I stopped at my friend Becky's house. She was hosting a scrapbooking weekend at her home but I wasn't able to get there with the other things going on. I did promise to stop in to visit, though, since I haven't seen her months. Had a nice visit with both her and her sister over lunch.

Then, as it happened, the massage therapist who attends our Camp Crop-A-Lot weekends in February each year was there, too. So guess who caps off the afternoon with an hour-long massage? This girl.

But wait, that wasn't the final cap... Got home in time to see the Vikings win in overtime and the Packers lose. Our records are tied now at 6-2 so for one week there should be minimal bragging around these parts. SKOL!

Also noteworthy on this beautiful day... I got the bathroom closet cleaned and organized and made a little more headway in my office/Scrap Cave. Plus, I had a nice phone conversation with my mother.

Feeling very blessed. Now if my computer lives long enough for me to get these files transferred, that would be a huge bonus blessing!

I'm sure I'm worth it.




No comments: