Sunday, November 1, 2015

Glad-itude

How did you spend your "extra" hour last night? For me, it meant I pathetically was in bed pretty darn early. Did some reading until the new cough medicine kicked in, then enjoyed 9 hours of much-needed, mostly uninterrupted sleep!

To kick off November – typically known as the month of gratitude – I am first grateful for rest and miracles of modern medicine. Of course, my cough was back during the day, but not as bad.

I was planning to spread out my gratitude for the whole month but I am sort of stacking the front end. It was a gorgeous sunny day today so I did get a little fall yardwork done. And by yardwork, I mean I gathered up those dead potted plants I SWEAR I did keep alive past Labor Day. Now that's a miracle, too!

Watched the first half of the Vikings game since they were actually on here because the Packers play tonight. Left at halftime to go visit my nephew Tony at Winnebago. Since he had to work today, his visiting hours were only from 3-4:40 p.m. Got there just as the Vikings pulled off an ugly win over the Bears.

Had a wonderful visit. So glad I went. It was long overdue. I haven't gotten over there for two months – basically since cross country started because the meets were mostly on Saturdays. Plus, we just had a busy fall schedule. I felt bad to be neglecting him but send him letters often enough to keep him in the loop of our exciting lives on Blue Jay Drive!

He's doing very well. He works 6 days a week and that helps the time go faster. He looks healthier than I've seen him and he's got a positive attitude. Had some good conversation and good laughs. Time went too quickly but at least now I know my weekends might be more freed up to see him again. That will be good. He appreciates all the prayers of support!

The grounds are right on Lake Winnebago. On my way out of town, I thought I'd check out the lake, since it is the largest in Wisconsin. Sun was just setting and since I was facing east, there wasn't much to see. But there was still a hint of color from the sunset in the west.



God's beauty. Just one more thing to be grateful for... and it's only November 1st!


No comments: