Saturday, November 7, 2015

Fall Back or Behind?


I can't really blame the time change for a reason to fall behind in my autumn chores. We did have that extra hour last weekend, after all. But I do blame an overbooked schedule, including juggling events and projects.

A few days ago, I downloaded an app that helped me create the ultra to-do list on my phone. Things I would love to get done this week if at all possible. Parts are a little ambitious but knowing our Saturday and Sunday are mostly open gave me hope.

First order of business was getting rid of a few things to recycling. Got to finally drop off the burnt-popcorn microwave and our now broken and out-of-date treadmill. The guys took care of that while I hit the hot tub.

Not to relax in it, but to drain the rest of the water, clean it and refill it for winter. After laboring over that a few hours, when I went to fill it up, it hit a certain level and water started leaking everywhere. So apparently it cracked over the winter. So now we'll have to probably pay someone to take that useless appliance off our hands, too! Plus, that's 3 hours of my day I'll never get back. Grrr.

To actually accomplish something, I did my Saturday sweeping, dusting and vacuuming chores. Then actually started in on my office / Scrap Cave. That will take a least another day so hopefully tomorrow will be it – unless my Vikings are actually on TV here or I get caught up in some other project from my app list.

Had to take the evening off to attend a wedding reception for Travis, the son of the Carter's 1st-6th grade babysitter. Lots of people there and even a few we knew. Since it was at The Ridges, Carter was doing dishes from it, and hoped to stop out and say congrats to the happy couple anyway.

We didn't even stay long enough to dance. I accidentally gave hubby my miserable cough and cold. So know he's prepping for the week from hell!

I'm prepping to actually make my minutes count tomorrow! Wish us both luck.


No comments: