Friday, November 27, 2015

White Friday



If you look closely, you'll see we awakened to a White Friday instead of Black Friday. Just enough to stick on the grass, the trees, the deck and Carter's car. Otherwise the roads were fine when I ventured out a little after 8 a.m.

I was a on mission today. Big list of things to do and places to go, knowing I'll be out of town tomorrow and much of Sunday.

First stop was Wal-Mart. Yes, again. I had to return the FitBit and get the more expensive model since the one I grabbed last night is the just the basic one and has no display. For me, the point of having one is so I can look at it and see where I'm at for the day. I don't want to have to sync it to my phone and then see how many steps I've got. Amazingly, the parking lot was pretty empty and the store was, likewise. Had no line for customer service and easily got my purchases so I could make it to a 9 a.m. basketball game.

This weekend is the Cranberry Classic tournament at Assumption. Jim is on the organizing committee so he was there all day today and will be tomorrow, too. I wanted to see the JV girls play so I could see Allie Cat again. Don't know if my schedule will allow me to get to too many of the JV games. Usually just varsity. So it was good to see them win!

After that I had to stop at the local "fitness store" to buy a treadmill. We both had scoped it out this month and knew they'd have a deal on Black Friday. So that will be delivered Monday. Between the FitBit and the treadmill, you think I can start keeping up with my Pumpkin Spice diet? How about the eggnog one around the corner?

Let's hope so.

Came home and got all my Cookie Bake stuff together, then ran to GNC with Carter for their BF sale, involving protein shake deals for our muscle man. Came home and proceeded to sit at the computer the rest of the day working on a freelance deadline. Got that done about 6 so I had time to make something for the Cookie Bake lunch tomorrow before heading to another basketball game.

This time it was the varsity boys in their first game of the season, albeit non-conference. They did great against Nekoosa and came away with a 20-point victory. Let's keep it rollin' this season! That would be exciting.

Got home about 10 p.m. and I know I should pack so I can be on the road by 8 a.m., but I have run out of steam. I'll have to see if this new-fangled FitBit measures packing as cardio. Then I'll know it was worth the money!

Hope your black or white or grey Friday measured up to YOUR expectations!



No comments: