Thursday, November 19, 2015

Flying Advisory




With the 30 mph wind gusts today, I felt like a character in the Wizard of Oz. Was it a tornado? No. Should have been a Broomstick Advisory, though, as I had a heckuva time flying to work!


I wish I could click my ruby red slippers, socks, flip-flips, anything, together 3 times and end up on a beach. Not gonna happen.


Naturally, as things go in November, the wind brought with a drop in temperature. When I saw the layer of ice on the little rain puddles on the deck, I knew it could only mean two things. One, I'd have to finally don a jacket. And two, it's time for Mr. Deck Chair to go into hibernation.

I should add: Three, it's time for me to buy some ruby red flip-flops!

In the meantime, I'll stay warm with a steady supply of fashion scarves and boots... and occasional trips to Mexico. Well, el Mezcal, which as close as we get there in Rapids.

Enjoyed a nice after-work dinner with work friends. We have 3 people in our department in home offices, spread out in Minneapolis, Milwaukee and Chicago. When any of our "remote" workers come to the home office we just HAVE to enjoy a meal out to catch up on non-work things – or talk about people from work who aren't there. (Ha, just checking who's reading.)

It was a good time. My stomach actually aches from laughing. We were all happy to confirm we have ab muscles! Just need to find them through the layers of my "pollo el camino." Yeah, I had a "chicken car." That and some good salsa warmed me right up.


Had a nice tail wind on the way home, too. Take that, November.



No comments: