Sunday, November 22, 2015

Unstable Condition

You hate to hear about accidents during hunting season, but someone shot themselves in the foot today.

That would be the Minnesota Vikings.

Unstable. Inconsistent. Disappointing. Yes, they beat someone today: themselves. When they've got their highest number of penalties in a game this year, they might as well have handed the W over to the Packers on a silver platter, draped with yellow flags.

Grrrr.

I don't mind close games but my boys didn't show up. Naturally, I was hoping they would. Expecting it actually. So much so, I probably did a little bit too much flaunting of my purple pride today in church. Whatcha gonna do when you have to give a 2-minute talk in front of the congregation and a Viking shirt was lying on top of the laundry basket of clean clothes? Unavoidable, really.

Although I didn't shoot myself in the foot, I pretty much put them both in my mouth. Not cocky, just confident. Wisely I did not predict a win, just sneaked a "Go Vikes!" into the microphone. Yup. Good thing God loves all His children.... red and yellow, black and white... and purple!

Time to go lick my wounds for awhile. Hope our condition improves.



No comments: