Friday, November 20, 2015

No Do-Overs

When you are two-thirds of the way into something and it's not working, is it too late to start over? Or do you just quit?

I'm talking about NO-vember, of course. The month I was really, really, really going to try to say NO to all those extra calories... to basically save them for Christmas, I guess. I even hung this poster in my cubicle at work for inspiration.


I hate when they use a picture of me without my permission, we'll let it go this time.

Back to letting myself go... A sure I have NOT been saying NO is that I've had a banana sitting on my desk at work for two days, but have been too full of pizza, cookies and Kringle to eat it. I brought the cookies into work so I wouldn't eat them at home. Go ahead and say it, "How'd that work out for ya?"

So I guess I might as well let it go now – the banana, that is – and use it for banana bread... which of course I load with chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and calories and yummyness...

You see my dilemma.

I won't give up, but I will have to stipulate right off the bat that tomorrow is a "free pass" because I am going to the Mall of America all day. And Thursday, Thanksgiving, of course has to be a free pass. And you might as well throw in the Hedberg Cookie Bake next Saturday, too.

Other than that, I'd say I'm pretty dedicated to finishing strong this month. Can't wait to get my "poster body" back by December!


No comments: