Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Size May Matter

I think I need one of those adjustable beds. Like the hospital kind but for people who hopefully aren't so sick they need a hospital. Then I could sit up and possibly get some sleep at night instead of all the sinus drainage leading to cough, cough, coughing. Needless to say, I did not get up early. I did not go to kickboxing class.

While I was at work, two co-workers stopped in after visits to the doctor. One had strep throat. The other had some congestion and cough crud like I had. Since I was told by numerous blog readers that I shouldn't mess around with a sinus infection and I should get antibiotics sooner rather than later, I figured I might as well make it 3 for 3 in our department and head over to the clinic on my lunch hour.

I did not know half the population of Wisconsin Rapids would be there! Well, not half. But about a dozen in the waiting room – all but 2 wearing those lovely "germ masks" to keep our coughs to ourselves. Obviously something going around!

At one point during my hour wait to get in, a woman comes out with her granddaughter and remarks, "Wow, everybody's got a mask on today!"

The girl responds, "That's because they're all dying!"

Nice. That's encouraging, isn't it?

Finally got in and found out the backup was due to only one doctor on duty since the other called in sick. Wow, even doctors get sick! Based on the waiting room full of masked crusaders, I can see why.

So the good doctor examined me and confirmed a sinus infection and prescribed some antibiotics for me.


When the pill is bigger than your head, it's gotta work, right? The really are pretty big so hopefully size does matter and they help!

I have to take them for 10 days. Pretty sure they would be easier to swallow if I had, say, an Eggnog Shake to go with them... Let me know when you spot those in town. I'm I can count on my readers to keep me in the know!

Thanks!



No comments: