Sunday, July 31, 2016

All Hands on Deck (Chair)


Does the floor need sweeping? Yes. Does the carpet need vacuuming? Yes. Does my office need a major organizational overhaul? Yes.

Did I do any of those things today? No.

Did I bond with Mr. Deck Chair? Heck yeah!

With our late arrival home last night and getting up early for church, I really had no ambition to do anything resembling work, well, movement even, when I got home.

So I took a little vacation from reality. I put on a Sag Harbor suit and hung out with Mr. Deck Chair for a solid 60 minutes. I was totally feeling a nap coming on so didn't read. Didn't crank any tunes. Nothing but silence ... and birds chirping... and dogs barking... and the garage making "I'm sweating" sounds.

While it didn't sleep, it was relaxing to have an hour where I didn't HAVE to be anywhere and didn't HAVE to do anything. Nice. What a treasure.

In the early afternoon, we headed over the shelter at Nepco Lake for a graduation party for the girl next door. It was the same place Carter had his party. This time, I wasn't in charge. Yay. So we sat at a picnic table outside and visited all afternoon. I took a break for cake, of course! Down to only one more grad party – next weekend – then thankfully, we'll have two weddings in August. My cake run is not done yet.

Despite the fact Mr. Deck Chair was telling me differently. He doesn't always understand that his job is to support me... as in hold my weight and back my decisions. He's a tough guy. I think he can handle it.

Still, Monday sounds like a logical day to get back on the "wagon". I just don't think it will feel as comfortable as my Sag harbor chair! I'll let you know.


No comments: