Saturday, July 23, 2016

Non-Garden Tour

Now you know if Robyn is using words "garden tour" it's going to be pictures of pretty weeds, right?

Close.

After I got home from Core and Strength Class this morning, I walked out the mailbox and noticed at least a few our tiger lilies weren't completely pummeled during the storms on Thursday. So as long as I had my phone on me I took a few pictures... and a few more...


I have renamed these orange ones our Platteville Pioneer flowers!

What is this purple balloon thing? I can't wait 'til it opens. I liked it because it was puffy and, obviously, because it was purple!

Probably close to 100% sure this is weed or wild flower on the edge of being weedy. But still it was pretty because, well, it sort of is a shade of purple.

Definitely weeds but had to crouch down to get the rising sun behind the puff ball.


Then got a little closer.

Then changed it to black and white and got artistic. Ha. I just can't leave well enough alone, can I?

I did pause to take some wildlife pictures, too.

This hornet or wasp was carrying quite the heavy load. Probably an egg or something disgusting. He or she was very focused, though, and didn't even look up to tell me to buzz off!

Ha, tour guides have to be funny to get good tips.

How's that working out for me? Not so good yet! So I had to make some money by finishing up a freelance project this afternoon.

Was at my friend Becky's this morning doing some more scrapping first. Now Carter's senior year scrapbook just needs baccalaureate, graduation and Memorial Day band concerts. Getting closer.

Jim and I were going to go to the races in Marshfield tonight but those got called off due to rain. So I made some use of a gift of zucchini from the neighbors and made some zucchini bread with a yummy cinnamon and nutmeg flavor plus walnuts and craisins.

Miss Two Black Thumbs here can't grow a thing, but I can bake the heck out of anything.

And yes, if you were wondering, that pays as well those self-guided garden tours of mine!





No comments: