Friday, July 1, 2016

Peas and Carrots

To paraphrase Forrest Gump, Jimmy and me are like peas and carrots. So logically we wanted to veg out on our anniversary today!

Unfortunately, we both had to work first. Then it was time to play. We had a 4:30 p.m. tee time to golf The Pines Course at Lake Arrowhead.


Surprisingly, for the start of a holiday weekend, it was pretty quiet on the course. Got started right away and ended up playing 18 in just over 3 hours. Not bad at all.

The only bad thing was my score. But that was to be expected since I literally just got the clubs and my golf shoes out of the basement this week. Since we do have an outing planned for next weekend, it was more than a good idea to get some swings in.

Plus, we love to golf! Why not do something you love with someone you love?

We did pause at the 14th hole to take a picture to commemorate our 14th anniversary. Yes, I had to force Jim to be part of the selfie (can you call it that if it's more than one person?). And yes, he is used to that. As his anniversary card stated, he loves everything about me... except for those things he's already pointed out that drive him nuts.

Funny guy. Obviously, it doesn't mean I'll stop driving him nuts. I think it just means he's learned more tolerance over time. That's the give and take of marriage, right? Something like that.

After golf, we stopped at Sportsmen's Pub for some yummy deep-fried food, that was so bad for us but tasted so good. All these special occasions this week and I still haven't had ice cream. True story. But don't think for a minute that just because I am talking about "peas and carrots" I've gone healthy. Just don't have room in my tummy right now.

Something tells me there's still a few more things to celebrate yet. Who's luckier than me?

No one.


No comments: