Saturday, July 2, 2016

That's My Boy(s)

I often talk about my "adopted daughters" I support at basketball and softball games and the occasional dance recital. But I do have a few extra boys in my life, too.

I am reminded of this during this whirlwind of graduation parties – especially for the boys Carter has known since kindergarten. Clayton (Clay now that he's older) is one of them.


Yup, not only did Clayton (left) and Carter go to "My Grant School" through 6th grade, they also were in Sunday School together and confirmed. They spent a lot of time back and forth between our homes on weekends back in the day, that's for sure.

When Carter switched to the Assumption Catholic School system in 7th grade, they definitely didn't see much of each other. Still, when I did see him, Clayton allowed his extra mom to give him a hug in public – even in front of his friends! I adore that kid. Well, that young MAN now.

One of the cutest things I saw at Clayton's graduation party today was a paper he did in school, maybe 2nd grade when he made a list of his best friends. There's Carter.... then, well, there are the others. Awww. So sweet!

And now they're all grown up. What? Crazy.

I don't think the real mothers or adopted mothers of either of these cuties are ready to let go. Can't they just sit down and play with their trucks and Power Rangers and Pokemon cards?

So grateful they did when they could and that I have another boy to take pride in and pray for as they squeal their tires and race off into the real world.

That's my boys!


No comments: