Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Empty Nest Night

Figures the one night I finally bring my good camera with me while kayaking, the trees along the river were eagle-less.

Now there was one eagle flying around but it swooped over us when we didn't expect it – and certainly not with any warning where I could grab my camera. So all we saw were empty nests here.


And empty nests there...


And a silhouette that turned into a false alarm. Sorry to invade your privacy, Mr. Hawk. I thought you were important.


I did manage to get one dragonfly photo to work out near my "lily pad park."

At least it isn't like this was the last opportunity to paddle this summer. I'll have other opportunities to catch those eagles and herons and cranes. As for our own nest, every day it's getting closer to being empty... and staying that way.

How am I coping? Well, I am trying to help Carter get ready with packing (and purchasing) checklists. For some reason he doesn't want me buying his school supplies.


I don't understand. It's on sale AND fits a laptop. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Guess I'll let him handle that part and be grateful he hasn't flown from the nest yet.

And remember that at the end of the day, even the sadness of empty nests can be erased with something beautiful.



No comments: