Thursday, July 7, 2016

Move Over, Gene Kelly

Instead of singing in the rain like Gene Kelly, hubby and I were swinging in the rain this evening. But that's not necessarily how we planned it.

Since it was suggested on our anniversary outing last week that I get some more swings in before this coming Saturday's outing with friends, I kidnapped Jim and we went nearby to The Ridges for a quick 9 holes.

Which were not so quick once we hit rain delay.



There was some Men's Night outing tonight but they sneaked on the front 9 and we only had to sit around and wait a few times. Usually for Jim to tee off since I don't hit far enough for anyone to worry about my neon pink ball striking them.

I did start off pretty well, though. Look who parred the second hole? Who needs extra practice? Not this girl.

Well, yeah, this girl does. Just got lucky. One time.

It sprinkled off and on and wasn't too bad until after this photo. As the 7th R in my family of the 8 R's, I had to snap an R7 selfie. Any other photo after that, I would have looked like a drowned rat. Especially since Jim needed his hat back to cover his glasses.

So after the 7th hole, we sat in the cart and partly under a vending shelter to stay out of the pouring rain.


When it finally appeared to subside a bit, we got back out there to finish up holes 8 and 9. Needless to say, I recorded 15 strokes on those 2 holes alone.

I may be a tough mudder but not when it comes to golf. Pretty sure I rushed it there in the end. Plus, I was getting my Gene Kelly moves on... swingin' in the rain.... just swingin' in the rain...

If I know what's good for me, I better check the forecast for Saturday!


No comments: