Monday, July 11, 2016

New Horizons


When the temperature is already 75 degrees at 7 a.m., you know it's going to be a hot one. In fact, even though the air-conditioning was turned on, I still worked up a sweat curling my hair. I know. In a word: Ewww.

Did take one walk break at work this morning and it was already muggy Monday to the max. Ick. By early afternoon, it was 90 and "felt like" 97. More ick.

After work, though, I knew I had to get back to kickboxing class. When you are called "The Phantom" when you walk in the door, then you know you've been absent too long. I don't have enough excuses to fill in the past 2 1/2 weeks since I was last at class. I mean I probably do, but the teacher didn't want to hear it. Instead he worked us hard. Very hard. Thankfully, the building is air-conditioned, but I was still dripping sweat.

I know. Everything is ewww and ick today!

Well, not everything. When I got home, Jim and the neighbors were set to go kayaking. Even though I was pretty beat, I couldn't pass it up. It's usually cooler on the water. So I got some dry, non-stinky clothes on and we headed over to Nepco Lake. Another new place to paddle. Another place to watch the sun lower on the horizon.


It was gorgeous out. Minimal boat traffic and just fun to paddle around and see all the new homes going up. Very, very nice new homes. I really wanted to take pictures but decided to respect their privacy.

That didn't apply to my fellow 'yakers!

Jim looking relaxed.

Mike casting a beautiful reflection.

And Cindy kicking her feet up and enjoying the fact she is not home cleaning.


I was just glad to keep up. Actually, the workout adrenaline kept me going for the first part. Then I remembered, you don't need to kayak at full speed. Just enjoy the scenery (including a bald eagle), the nice breeze and shooting the breeze.


For our tour tonight we stayed on the east side of the lake, which is actually divided by State Highway 13. Next time, we'll paddle under the highway and check out the other side. Yes, there is a bridge to sneak "through," but it just sounds more adventurous to say we went under the road!

After we returned to shore and loaded up, we went to King Cone. Hey, some of us didn't have time for supper. Besides, two workouts and I had burned the calories before my first spoonful!

I'm going to sleep good tonight.

So glad our friends introduced us to this new hobby. There are a lot of places to paddle around here and new horizons to explore.

That's definitely the part of summer where you can say Ahhh instead of Ewww!



No comments: