Monday, July 25, 2016

Christmas in July


Thank goodness my mother is single-handedly keeping snail mail in business with her handwritten letters and thank-you notes, because I am no help.

Other than those graduation invites and thank-yous and, obviously, Christmas cards, we don't have a lot for our mail carrier to pick up on Blue Jay Drive. Today though, in July, she picked up a bill with the stamp above on the envelope.

Hey, the beauty of those FOREVER stamps is that you can use them, well, forever. And sadly, they may outlast the USPS business. I mean that stamp says 2014 on it. Have I had it that long?? Wow. Needless to say, I had no qualms about using a Christmas stamp in July.

It also put me in a Christmas-y mood. Sort of.

Didn't play any music or anything. But since that chocolate-chocolate chip muffin on the counter was daring me to eat it, I thought, why not nuke it with some Schwan's Peppermint Stick ice cream and have myself a treat? Oh yes, Schwan's Peppermint Stick ice cream is Robyn's version of a FOREVER stamp. Always on hand, whether it's January or July.

Now don't go thinking that I am wanting to fast forward to any holiday.


Saw this at Wal-Mart tonight. As much as I love everything pumpkin, it's just too soon. Really, too soon.

I should at least wait a week so it's August, no?




No comments: