Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Making Some Progress

If animals could talk, I am pretty these trespassers in our front yard were saying something like, "Really, Robyn is eyeing up Mr. Deck Chair when she took the day off to get things done INSIDE the house?!"

Needless to say, I was guilted by the Bambi twins to get things done inside. Plus with the temp some 90 degrees today, it was actually too hot to just sit outside.

How do I know this? Well after rolling out of bed at 9 a.m. and deciding to go for a run, I experienced it first hand. This run/walk app on my phone has now boosted it up a notch and I am running longer, sprinting faster and walking less. And therefore, sweating more. Much too humid to be doing that today but gotta stick with it. Am making progress!

But then it was time to get to work on my multitude of "to do" lists. My big accomplishments on this productive day?

Sewed a button on Jim's shorts. (They've only been sitting on my dresser a month, just waiting for the button.) Tackled my closet and took two bags to Goodwill. That's 40 items at least, gone! Bought Carter's XL Twin Sheets for college (on sale at ShopKo this week), plus a blanket, towels and clip-on fan. Yup college dorm shopping is gonna add up in a hurry. Even if it's on sale! Stopped by church and had a nice chat with our amazing new pastor. That was very, very nice. Went to Dollar Store to pick up some document frames for hubby. Stopped at Wal-Mart to buy a 9-volt battery for the smoke detector. Changed that out so that finally stopped chirping every 30 seconds. Uff da.

After work (for some people), we went kayaking with our neighbors Mike and Cindy. Finally christened the new 'yaks and we "graduated" from the lake to the river. What a glorious evening. Cooler on the river and way less boat traffic than on Lake Wazeecha. Also, minimal bugs, surprisingly.

Docked in at Biron, just south of the paper mill.

It was so pretty facing the sunshine and seeing it reflect off the water. Absolutely loved it!

Since Jim favors the blue kayak and I love lime green, that's now "mine" and I have the matching life jacket to prove it.

Love the new kayaks and they work great, too. No problems. No sinking. No overturning. A successful night!

Cindy and I both managed to tan our toes.
 
Mike grabbed some wild flowers off the shoreline for the ladies.

All in all, a fantastic evening!

Got home and still had a few more things that had to get done. We have two yard projects going on this week so had to dig out landscape rocks by our front entrance. Got that done. Showered for the second or third time today and am ready to call it a night.

I know there are more things "to do" but I made good progress today. Back to the daily grind tomorrow with a whole new set of lists!

Just gotta keep moving forward!


No comments: