Friday, July 22, 2016

Definitely Not The Heat

God bless those old-timers who said, "It's not the heat; it's the humidity." They were onto something and I didn't give them enough credit.

Every one, near and far, is dealing with the high heat and high humidity this week. When you work in an office and, say, the air-conditioning is cranked, you are oblivious to the sauna outside.

Until you get into your car after work...






I realize the car was sitting in the sun and probably wasn't that temperature, but still scary. This is the egg-frying, cookie-baking, killer of small children and animals kind of heat. Uff da.

I decided to get a second opinion. Get the "real" temp outside.


That wasn't much better! 95 degrees but it FEELS like 101!

I know many places, even across Wisconsin, had it worse. And by worse, I mean warmer. I feel bad for you, especially those who had to work in the heat – or play sports. Yikes.

But I am one of those sick individuals who likes it hot. Not to go running. Tried that this week already. But to sit awhile would be fine. It will take a good 15 minutes to begin with just to thaw my frozen purple toes from wearing sandals in the A/C. Then the warm-up continues and I might feel the heat in another 15 minutes or so. Probably in yet another 15 minutes, I will get hot, but that's 45 minutes outside. Isn't that enough to say I'm tough?

Or, just stupid?

Haven't had time to test the theory since I went scrapbooking at my friend Becky's after work. Rumor has it I will probably get an opportunity to test my theory and my staying power tomorrow.

Maybe this time it will just be the heat – without its sticky sidekick. Maybe...

No comments: