Saturday, July 9, 2016

Playing A Round


We have been eagerly awaiting this day all summer. This was the first time golfing at SentryWorld in Stevens Point, which actually closed for two years for major upgrades, re-opening last summer.

It's kind of pricey to play there, but I always manage to take enough swings to get my money's worth! Jim and former co-worker Scott had golfed there before, but it was a first for us girls. We all gave it a five-star, two thumbs up rating. Course was in excellent condition. Weather was perfect, around 80 and sunny with a nice breeze.

And, naturally, anytime the Austin-Fragale awesome foursome gets together, it's a great day!


To prep, we golfed on Thursday night and, more importantly, I got my golf Jamberry nail wraps on today. As hubby often points out, if you can't be good, look good. So I do try to play the part. Plus, I got to wear my new birthday golf outfit!


The course was in great shape, starting us off with flowers around the entrance, first hole and their signature "Flower Hole," which I'll get to later.


I think in their course re-vamp, they added water. Lots of water. 


I didn't mind it at this particular hole because I parred it. The only one. Ha. But you can see as we approached the green, there were plenty of sandy obstacles to deal with as well.


Can't really tell across the water, but Jim and Scott are teeing off on a par 3. Picture was taken from our ladies' tee box. We got a bit of an advantage on some holes. Not all, though!

Did I mention the sand? Ohmigosh. I can't imagine how great my score would have been if I would have stayed out of the sand. My advice to you if you golf there: Stay out of the bunkers. Sounds easy enough, doesn't it?


And now for the signature hole. The Flower Hole has 33,000 flowers planted there. Amazingly, between all the flowers and the bunkers, we all stayed in the fairway. Maybe because it was the 16th hole, we all had the hang of things by then!


Sandy and I before teeing off at the Flower Hole.


Me teeing off. I didn't know Sandy was shooting the photo but you can at least see my cute pink shirt and white golf shorts Jim got me. Ha.


Flower power! Wish I was taller and could get a higher view, but you get the picture.


Thankfully, none of us has floral allergies. And thankfully, there weren't bees to bother us, especially Mr. Deathly Allergic Jim.


Made sure to take photos. Here are Scott and Sandy...


And me and the mister.

After golf, we stopped at The Hilltop Pub in Stevens Point to enjoy a yummy supper before they headed home to Green Bay and we came south to Rapids. Was a full, but fun, day. Hopefully we can repeat it sometime.

And seriously, if you ever want to play a round, we highly suggest SentryWorld! It's not easy, but you won't be sorry.




No comments: