Thursday, June 30, 2016

Back to Nature

The boy is back home today after a 4-day senior class trip/nature outing, which consisted of one day at Noah's Ark, then camping and swimming plus a day trip hiking at Devil's Lake State Park near Baraboo.

His hike reminded me that I never got to share photos of my nature walk in Platteville.

After stuffing ourselves with pizza the night before registration / orientation, I decided I needed walk. After checking out the swan that I previously shared, I followed a path along the Rountree Branch creek or river or something.

I don't know how far the trail went, but it was rustic and pretty...






I probably only went another half mile after the little tunnel. But I think it goes quite aways. Will have to check it out the next time we're down there for more than a few hours.

Meanwhile, here's one shot of Carter in nature from his trip this week.


It sure is great to have that smirk back home!


No comments: